GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS
The new EU/UK General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) require us to tell our members how their details are used by the Society.
- The following data are held by the Membership Secretary who is also the “Data Processor”: Your name(s), address, postcode, email and telephone number if you have provided them; membership status; date of joining/resignation; Gift Aid Declaration and method of payment.
- The Hon Treasurer may also hold a copy of your signed Gift Aid Declaration.
- The Membership Secretary provides your details to the Newsletter Distributor for posting out/distributing the quarterly News.
- The Society will occasionally use your email address to send you information about the Society’s activities and events.
- Your address, email or phone number may be used to send you [a] subscription reminder[s].
- All computers holding your information are password protected.
We only use your personal data for matters as listed and will not disclose any information to a third party without your explicit permission unless we are required to do so in order to comply with a legal notice served under UK law. You may contact the Society at any time to request that your personal details be deleted. Your details will then be removed except for Gift Aid and Inland Revenue purposes.